Whenever I’m asked to interview someone I only do it if I have a burning desire to ask that person a certain question. Peter Buffett fell into this category, so when his publicist contacted me about a possible interview I jumped on it.
I wanted to ask Peter if people were jealous that his family was rich. Being the son of Warren Buffett one of the most famous people on the planet can draw a lot of attention, positive and negative, so I was curious about his experiences.
I was amazed by Peter’s grounded nature and willingness to think before he speaks. I should have known he would be a great interview.
I recorded the interview for all of you to listen to:
(Right click to download the audio to your computer for later use.)
Some of the highlights in the Peter Buffett interview is:
- Happiness comes not from where you are, but your take on life.
- Money doesn’t fill those empty holes.
- Pay attention or pay with tension.
- No matter how good we think someone else has it they struggle too.
- Everyone has something to teach you. As long as you are willing to listen you will walk away from any interaction a better person.
The audio is a lot better than my highlights, so check it out when you have a chance. There are some really good gems in there to help your career and life.