I want to thank you for being a part of the community at Work Happy Now. Most of my readers are American and this country has a long way to go to improve employee happiness. A lot of business owners need to adjust with these changing times. France has shortened their work week to 35 hours to help reduce stress and increase productivity. Denmark actually has a word for work happiness: arbejdsglæde.
Don’t get me wrong, we’ve made great strides in America but we need to learn from companies like Google, Southwest Airlines, and Great Harvest (all American companies). The only way businesses are going to stay competitive in this global economy is through innovative techniques that get the most creativity and productivity out of their employees.
Work Happy Now has had a great year, we’ve been around for almost a year and growing at a nice pace. 2009 looks to be a better year with some amazing improvements. I’m working on another website to help companies increase their work happiness, as well as a program to help employees get more enjoyment out of their present careers, and plenty of great ideas for new posts.
We can talk about all that great stuff later. This time of year is meant for reflection. I’ve found a list of my most popular and favorite posts.
- How to be a Woman at Work (27)- I’m actually a little embarrassed by this post. I was ripped apart by some of the readers and rightfully so. I’m not ashamed of any of the content on this site so here it is.
- 6 Exercise Hacks While You Are At Work (13)
- 55 Tips to Make Work More Fun (13)
- How Transitions Can Dramatically Improve Your Productivity (6) – Not a reader favorite, but a quality post that gets to the nitty gritty of transitioning from one task to another.
- Design Friendly Atmosphere for Employees and Clients (3) – the video that I shot for this article had good content, but bad production. I’m not giving up. I will be back with some new and improved video in 2009 and beyond.
I wish you all work happiness that you can handle in 2009. I also hope that you find many ways to be successful and even more productive.
Image courtesy of Môsieur J.