In this interview you’ll learn about what it means to feel and live a non-binary life. Ruth Carter is an entrepreneur, lawyer and blogger. One of my favorite aspects of this interview is when we talked about using challenges to help us grow.
Highlights from the interview:
- When Ruth realized that they weren’t a girl.
- Why fitting in at school was hard.
- Why conforming didn’t work for them.
- What it means to feel non-binary.
- How their therapist has helped them grow.
- Why not having the answers is ok.
- The importance of having a support network.
- Having people who help us understand our feelings.
- How blogging has helped them process their emotions.
- Talking to themselves even when they were out in public.
- Sometimes you just have to say things out loud to see the truth.
- How has non-binary life challenged them as a lawyer.
- When they correct people if they mis-gender them.
- How they deal with potential clients who aren’t willing to use the proper pronoun when talking or messaging them.
- How being non-binary helps them connect with people.
- Why they put themselves in situations that they feel comfortable with.
- Being challenged by other people is not a bad thing. It can help us grow.
- People have the right to be wrong.
- Why it’s not our job to change people’s perspective.
- You can’t be everything to everyone all the time.
- You never regret the client that you didn’t take.
- A story of what they did when a client stiffed them on a bill.
- Being mindful of the people around me.
- Understanding what is important in their life.
- Keep working and improving their processes so they gets closer to their goals.
- Getting lost in Sudoku.
- Give yourself credit for what is going right.
- Why self meetings have helped them make adjustments in their life.
- Most impactful book, podcast, and speaker.
You can learn more about Ruth over at Ruth Carter Law. You can also connect with them on Twitter and LinkedIn.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: