In this interview with Jake Thompson of Compete Everyday you are going to learn about dealing with fear and how to use it to your advantage. His expertise as a coach, speaker, entrepreneur and an author is an inspiration to a lot of people.
Highlights from the interview:
- How his nine-year-old self would look at his current career.
- Using our imagination to improve our careers/business.
- What he does when he notices a dip in his creativity.
- How he dealt with an embarrassing situation during high school.
- The importance of eating healthy.
- Bringing your fear to light so you don’t hide from it.
- What he fears and how he uses his fear to stay focused on what matters.
- How to use our failures as a growth opportunity.
- Staying true to your purpose.
- Understanding what you are trying to accomplish.
- Focusing on the little things are what turn into big improvements.
- Improving his systems within his business.
- Pivoting his role within the company to focus on his strengths.
- How he learned from Tim Ferriss to ask questions to help dig into the fear.
- Reframing the fear of public speaking.
- Building inner-awareness to help process your thoughts and emotions.
- Asking yourself really good questions.
- The importance of reflection to help improve your decision making process.
- The importance of writing things down when we are trying to an improve an aspect of our lives.
- How he cultivates gratitude in his life.
- Tapping into our kid-like part of ourselves.
- How he dealt with getting hit in the face with a baseball when he was in first grade.
- Most impactful book, podcast, toy as a kid and essential tool to help you grow.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you love the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: