In this interview with Jason Lavender of Electives will help you understand the value of growing from the events in your life. One of my favorite parts of this interview was how music helped him deal with a traumatic event in his life. You’ll also learn how he celebrates failure to encourage growth in his company.
Highlights from the interview:
- Finding the right type of mindset to build great relationships.
- How to not miss the important stuff that can teach you a lot about yourself.
- Cool technique to understand what you value.
- Focusing on the things that bring out the best in yourself.
- What weaknesses he has and how he navigates them in his career.
- Reframing your weaknesses can help you tackle things more head on.
- The best way to give feedback to someone.
- Balancing out your feelings when you are feeling overwhelmed.
- Dealing with burnout and why he decided to follow his heart.
- Processing a terrible event that happened to his family.
- Allowing a traumatic event to help him grow.
- How he works on slowing down his thoughts so he can sleep at night.
- Creating a mindful moment of the week.
- How we see things from a new perspective.
- Pushing ourselves outside our comfort zone so we grow our careers.
- How do we cross train people, so they grow outside of their daily orbit.
- Why you should celebrate failure.
- Building company culture, so it helps everyone in the organization.
- Creating a safe place to fail within the company.
- Helping employees track their progress in their careers.
- Most impactful book, podcast, toy, tool that he uses.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you love the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: