Brian Williams is a VP at Prudential and has so much to teach us about being an effective leader. We dig into how music lessons taught him the value of hard work. We also talk about cultivating inner change to become a better leader. It’s not easy, but having data is important. What are your goals and how do you expect to reach them?
Brian dives into how he does this in his personal life and in his career. I hope you enjoy this interview as much as I did.
Here are some highlights:
- How music lessons taught Brian the value of hard work.
- Brian takes on a big role in change management.
- Why transparency helps you lean in and helps you understand.
- Cultivating inner change to be a better leader.
- The importance of celebration when reaching a milestone in a larger goal.
- Mobilizing people and encouraging them to change.
- The importance of leading with humility.
- The “why” behind the “what”.
- How bottom up change can affect how the whole organization works.
- Understanding what problems we need to solve for.
- Noticing when people aren’t participating and how to poke on them to understand what was going on with them.
- How to understand why someone is not engaged at work.
- Being aware of the pain that I was holding in.
- Taking notes on the people that we work with can make a huge difference in our relationships.
If you have any questions about what Brian talked about and want to dive deeper please reach out to me.
And, as always, if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out and I’ll do my best to get them on.
You can listen to a similar episode here: