Peter Shankman is serial entrepreneur, author and founder of Help a Reporter Out. His ability to cultivate his ADHD and how he has turned it into a superpower is a fascinating part of this interview. You’ll learn how to calmed his inner demons and how you can use these techniques in your life.
Highlights from the interview:
- What are the voices in Peter’s head like?
- Why working out helps his massive ADHD.
- How the diagnosis of ADHD in adulthood helped him understand himself better.
- The balance of being introverted and extroverted and how he uses this to his advantage in his business.
- Cultivating the superpowers within his ADHD, so they support his life instead of tear him a part.
- Understanding what matters is key to living the life that he wants.
- Accepting that you did the best you could with what you have.
- Understanding the power of bravery by slaying the demons in your head.
- Why he sleeps in his gym clothes.
- Our inner demons are often too strong to defeat.
- Why he abstains from drinking alcohol.
- Where he gets his passion for life.
- How he measures his work happiness.
- Where he does his long form writing.
- Humans are not meant to be sedentary creatures and how he figures out ways to keep moving throughout the day.
- What activity helps him calm his inner demons.
- Why he focuses on being slightly better than everyone else. He doesn’t believe in being a superstar.
- How he comes up with all his ideas.
- Finding unique ways to solve problems.
- How people can make a big leap in their careers.
- The importance of grounding yourself in gratitude.
- Why he sees his ADHD as his greatest gift.
- How he views failure and how it’s helped him build his resilience.
- A failed company that was too early to the market.
- How his cats kept him humble after he sold his company for millions of dollars.
- Everyone’s favorite part of this podcast – Peter’s favorite things.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you love the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: