Srini Rao is the host of the Unmistakable Creative podcast. He interviews amazing guests about how they live a fulfilling life. In this interview you’ll learn how to prioritize what is important to you and to stop being afraid of trying new things.
Highlights from the interview:
- Understanding what is important to you.
- The importance of using your values in your career.
- How to avoid setting goals that don’t work well for you.
- Being mindful of the information that you consume.
- The missing ingredient that people are missing when they listen to podcasts.
- The importance of context when learning from experts.
- What important things that often get overlooked.
- Why context is so easy to ignore.
- The importance of looking at the data that we have to make better choices.
- The difference between being energetically invested versus monetarily invested.
- Understand the viability of what we are trying to accomplish.
- Figuring out what you can offer from a career/business perspective and how it fits into the market.
- Experimentation is vital to figuring out what you like to do.
- Why testing things in low stakes environments is so important.
- Treating your day job like it’s your first angel investor.
- Book suggestion - Little Bets: How Breakthrough Ideas Emerge from Small Discoveries
- We don’t see accurate representations of what people’s lives are like.
- Our expectations are reinforced by social media.
- Favorite book - Cal Newport (Deep Work) and How to Take Smart Notes
- Favorite podcast - doesn’t listen to podcasts. He prefers books.
- Just start making something. It will be crappy at first, but that’s who you get good.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you love the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!