Andrea J. Lee is an author, coach and consultant to small business owners. She built up a large coaching business and shares how she shut it down and took a sabbatical to help herself grow in new directions.
Here are the highlights from the episode:
- Andrea J. Lee had a lot of ambition for her business and how she wasn’t ready for the growth that she thought she wanted.
- Letting go of external expectations.
- Listening to your internal wisdom.
- Taking a sabbatical to help her shed her baggage.
- Feeling unrecognizable gives you permission to be your true self.
- Processing our most impressionable stories from our past.
- The obstacle is actually the way.
- Dealing with physical violence and fear as a child and how it influenced her life.
- How she dealt with her inner anger.
- How I dealt with my own inner anger.
- Listen to Andrea walk us through a guided meditation to process a struggle.
- Understanding how to use my internal judgements to help me grow.
- Dropping our armor to help us connect with others.
- Becoming the best version of ourselves.
- Peeling away the layers takes time.
- Favorite book - The Emotionally Abusive Relationship: How to Stop Being Abused and How to Stop Abusing
- Favorite podcast - 10,000 hours
- Try art therapy to help you process your emotions.
You can learn more about Andrea over on her website. You can check out her serious photo that we talked about in the interview. You can get her freebie What to Say and How to Say It, When You Want to be Powerful AND Kind.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you love the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: