In this interview you’ll learn about how Steve Kamb started and built Nerd Fitness, where he stumbled and what he did to find support. One of my favorite parts of this interview is listening to Steve explain why he demoted himself in his business and what happened after he demoted himself.
Highlights from the interview:
- What Steve Kamb was like when he started Nerd Fitness.
- Why he laughs at his naivete about starting and running a business.
- How he built his empathy while growing his business.
- Why trying harder isn’t the answer.
- You don’t realize how lucky you are until you don’t have health issues.
- How challenging and courageous people have to be to get through a day.
- Why widening his perspective on life helped him so much in his life.
- The importance of speaking their language at their level.
- Why being more honest with himself has helped him grow.
- The importance of going to therapy even if you are in a good mental space.
- Where he goes to get support when he is struggling in his life.
- How he journals to process his thoughts and emotions.
- What works better than meditation for him.
- How he finds clarity with his wife when they are fighting.
- Acknowledging what other people struggle with and why it helps him.
- How he works with his thoughts to improve his relationships.
- How he learned the key numbers in his business so he could scale his company.
- What happened when he got away from using his strengths in his business.
- Making tough decisions that make him happier.
- How he came back to center when he got so far away from his strengths.
- Finding his happy place in his career.
- Saying “Yes” to the things that you really want to do.
- Having the courage to shift your career when you realize that you aren’t going in the right direction.
- Doing things for the pure enjoyment of it and why it’s important to his life.
- Understanding what you really want before you go all in.
- Acknowledging that we don’t live forever because it helps us make better choices.
- What book made a huge impact on his life.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: