In this interview, you’ll learn why you should trust in your skills to help you make shifts in your career that bring you new opportunities. These transferable skills will help you make important shifts in your career.
Kevin Monroe is the creator of the Grateful App and is a consultant that helps company use gratitude to build a healthier business. One of my favorite parts of this interview is the story of when Kevin was in the final interview for his dream job and was asked the deciding question and he knew he answered it wrong.
Highlights from the interview:
- Learn about why Kevin wanted to make the world a better place.
- The zig-zag path that has built his career.
- How he used his strengths to help him decide his career.
- Why he deep-dived into gratitude.
- What he did after he was fired from the job that he thought was his life’s calling.
- Why the end of his career turned into a new lease on life.
- We all have skills that are transferable to lots of jobs.
- Going from a career in clergy to a sales career with two young kids.
- The little voice inside of his when he made this big shift in his career.
- Why we can’t play not to lose.
- How to deal with indecision.
- How to navigate your career when you get off track.
- You have the ability to make your decisions right.
- Why there are no such thing as a right job for him.
- The importance of aligning your values with the company’s values.
- Why he decided not to accept his dream job.
- Using gratitude when you need it the most.
- Learn the triangle method to be more grateful.
- We often fear the silence.
- Gratitude questions to help you focus on the good things in your life.
- Kevin gives his phone number so you can call
And as always, if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing, just reach out to me on the Dig to Fly website, and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview, please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!