Joe Casabona is an entrepreneur who struggled during the pandemic. You’ll learn about how he figured out a way forward with therapy and help from his wife. One of my favorite parts of this interview is how he uses a journal to grow his self-awareness.
Highlights from the interview:
- How he built his patience from helping his mom with her computer issues.
- How he built his empathy.
- What his routine is around building self-awareness has helped him grow as a father and build his business.
- Being the person that isn’t surprised that someone hasn’t seen an amazing movie.
- How he describes his inner voice.
- Being a better parent though working with your emotions.
- Growing up in the 80’s and how parenting has changed.
- How his daughter helped him when he was having an anxiety attack.
- Why he sought therapy to help him with his relationship with his kids.
- How the culture of boys is different from 30 years ago.
- Pulling away the layers and seeing that we are all messed up.
- Building our empathy to help build better relationships.
- Struggles during the pandemic.
- How others perceive us is not how we perceive ourselves.
- The importance of self awareness in life.
- How he reduced his propensity to make snap judgements about others.
- Debunking our biases and how it helps us in our careers.
- Why negative stories are more fun, but we need to break this habit.
- Why parenting can feel like a total nightmare.
- Why he is so curious about things in his life.
- The importance of building something the “right way”, from his values.
- How he uses his journal to help him grow.
- How his journal helps him keep his life in proper perspective.
- How gratitude plays a big part in his life.
- We often forget the hard things, but it’s important to remember these things to help remind us of how good we have it now.
- How a gratitude
- Most impactful book, podcast and tool that he uses to stay focused.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you love the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: