In this interview you’ll learn about how to make decisions that fit your personality and values. Tara McMullin is the author of What Works: A Comprehensive Framework to Change the Way We Approach Goal Setting and entrepreneur. One of my favorite parts of this interview is learning how she encourages herself to build good habits.
Highlights from the interview:
- What would Tara’s nine-year-old self think of her today.
- How to stay true to yourself.
- Getting comfortable making her own decisions.
- Developing the ability to understand what is important.
- How to be aware of what matters to you.
- The importance of pattern recognition.
- Understanding pattern: What is going on? Why did it come up? How can I relate it this stimulus differently?
- How to stop judging others when they trigger anger within us.
- Our tools have a big effect on our happiness.
- How to make a list that your future self will thank you for.
- Having context is key before you start your tasks.
- How to use energy management to get the most out of your work.
- The technology we use can hold our productivity back.
- Navigating her weaknesses to help you stay on track with her important work.
- Acknowledging our limitations is important to functioning well.
- How she can get back to doing deeper work when she is going through a difficult time.
- How she practices the commitment to belongings.
- How she encourages good behavior so she can install new habits in her life.
- Seeing your decisions as a symphony instead of random choices.
- How she noticed that she was playing small in the game of life.
- Most impactful book in her career.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: