Storytelling is vital to growing your career. If you can tell a gripping story quickly, in a presentation at work, in your website or in a sales meeting you will have an easier time connecting with people. This will help you build trust and develop a mutually beneficial relationship with them.
Mike Pacchione shares his wisdom and insight over his 20 year career that will help you use stories to improve your business and career.
- As a kid Mike would cut out weekly current events and then help craft his own story around him.
- How his terrible attention span created who he is today.
- How to craft a story that doesn’t drag on too long.
- Building awareness to break habits.
- The core components of storytelling.
- How to keep people’s attention when you are giving a keynote, presentation, etc.
- Building a story around a hero.
- Why sharing real lessons learned helps you build rapport.
- Why telling stories from our childhood helps us build connection with an audience.
- How to drop an audience into a scene of a story.
- The importance of sharing particular types of details in your stories.
- Why starting at the end of a story can be really powerful.
- The power of adding how you overcame personal struggles to your stories.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on.
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: