Danielle and Kristy are the hosts of the Opposite of Small Talk. They focus on helping people see life from a different perspective and finding ways to grow from every interaction they have.
Highlights from the interview:
- Why their podcast is such a fulfilling passion project for them.
- Dealing with a guest not showing up for a recording.
- Getting excited for a big moment and having it fall apart.
- Finding the support for the business or project that we are working on.
- The challenge of managing a day job and the side hustle.
- Developing a side hustle strategy that works for you.
- Using their passion project (podcast) to lean into parts of herself that has been dormant.
- The importance of diving deep using assessments like Strengths Finder to help them calibrate their work.
- Figuring out how they can use their strengths in their relationship.
- Building trust with a partner in a passion project.
- The vision that they are developing together.
- The power of having a growth mindset.
- Figuring out how to stay in sync while growing together.
- The importance of being transparent with each other as they grow the podcast.
- How an accountability partner can help you stay on track.
- Improving your habits
- Books – The Power of Habit and Atomic Habits
- Best books – Braving the Wilderness By Brene Brown and How to Win Friends and Influence People By Dale Carnegie.
- Best Podcast – Armchair Expert and Freakonomics.
You can learn more about Danielle and Kristy over at the Opposite of Small Talk podcast. They run challenges to help people build a more resilient mindset as well.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you love the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: