Vicky Hsu is the founder of Habitica. A company that focuses on helping people gamify their habits to make lasting change. In this interview we deep dive into Vicky’s mindset and what she has learned about building good habits.
Highlights from the interview:
- How she got into the habits arena.
- Habit RPG.
- What she was like as a nine year old.
- What she was made fun of as a kid and how it turned into a superpower.
- How she reflects and figuring out if she is in a good position to go to 100% when she needs it.
- You can’t go 100% all the time.
- Finding restorative and positive actions.
- Finding things that align with our personality that we can leverage to help with our energy and/or career.
- What movie character is most like the voice in her head.
- Her persona that she is using now.
- Balancing work and play to help create a healthy life.
- How her biggest weakness of distractibility influences her life and career.
- Why doesn't she take a nap after drinking coffee.
- What project is energizing her right now.
- How to balance out her employees productivity and happiness.
- Why playfulness is so important to building good habits.
- Understanding the idea of a habit and actually doing the thing.
- Developing your vision of where you want to go and how to develop habits that align with your vision.
- Why do athletes have coaches?
- The importance of experimenting with different habits that fit your personality.
- How to craft your own habit that fits your personality to achieve the success that you desire.
- Vicky’s favorite book, podcast, speaker and tool to stay focused on the important things.
- What makes her better is figuring out how to make her team better.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you love the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: