In this interview, you’ll learn about how you can build a business that helps people grow and become leaders in their own way. Matthew Gartland is the CEO of Smart Passive Income. One of my favorite stories is how he brought structure to the growing company to make sure everyone was onboard with the direction of the company.
Highlights from the interview:
- What has helped him make hard decisions.
- Having a core set of principles to filter all your decisions through.
- Tightening feedback loops.
- Making more educated bets so you have a better chance of success.
- Working in a fast paced environment.
- Developing a front-line mindset to understand your customer.
- Fundamentally changing a successful business.
- Creating a test in a business to see if it would work.
- Learning from customer feedback to iterate on an idea in your business.
- Using SOPs in your business.
- Developing a vision for your business so you can make better decisions.
- Helping employees understanding the shift that Matthew and Pat were making in the company.
- Reinvesting back in the business.
- How to measure success in business.
- OKR framework.
- How to figure out what to focus on in business.
- Building a strong partnership in business.
- Why most entrepreneurs should pursue a partner.
- Making expectations clear between partners.
You can learn more about Matthew Gartland over at Smart Passive Income. You can also connect with him over at LinkedIn.
As always, if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing, just reach out to me on the Dig to Fly website, and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview, please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
You may also like…