Jeff Sanders is the creator of the Five Day Miracle book and podcast. In this interview he shares how early mornings changed helped him be more efficient. He lost his routine of waking up early and going to bed on time as a habit his father taught him as a kid. When he began implementing his system as an adult it changed his life.
In this interview we talk about how Jeff went from a structured life as a kid to an unstructured one in his twenties back to a structured life and why this structure is so important to a productive and healthy life. You can build this structure in your life to help you be more efficient.
Highlights from the interview:
- How his 5am miracle started as a side hustle.
- Move the puzzle around so everything fits together.
- Why waking up tired was the straw that broke his back.
- Shifting his morning routine to help himself achieve more.
- Building systems that help him achieve his goal.
- How you can improve your life systems to help yourself improve your productivity.
- Lack of structure hinders most people’s productivity.
- Being intentional about your schedule.
- Learning from his father’s systems.
- Understanding your preferences that you need to accomplish your goals.
- The biggest challenge is trying new things to see what sticks.
- How much sleep does a body need?
- Being aware of what your body is telling you what you need.
- The best way to track your progress.
- Creating more focused goals.
- The best goals energize you.
- Understanding the principles that are true about yourself.
- Eat that Frog - Book by Brian Tracy.
- Preventing distractions before they interrupt your workflow.
- 10% Happier - Book by Dan Harris.
- Improving our mental muscles to help us stay focused on the task at hand.
- Reviewing your habits will help you figure out what works best for you.
- How fitness logs has helped him get back on track with his workouts.
- Using a journal as a life map.
- Looking back on the seasons of your life.
- Data is so important to improving our decision making process.
- How to take a fear headon.
- How to be aware of your actions so you can break bad habits.
- Creating boundaries around blocks of time to make big progress.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out and I’ll do my best to get them on.
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: