In this interview, you’ll learn about how you can improve your leadership skills through a simple process that Sara uses. Sara Nay is the COO of Duct Tape Marketing. I loved the story that she shared about raising a young child and how it led her to get more help at work.
Highlights from the interview:
- Why we should follow our natural interest.
- The power of curiosity is how she stays on top of everything new that is happening in the marketing industry.
- Developing good decision-making habits.
- Understanding the why behind the question instead of jumping in with an answer.
- Working with our inner voice, so we become more encouraging.
- Creating a reflection routine to learn from mistakes.
- Systems help people understand how to do the task well.
- Setting a foundation for developing good system habits.
- How she keeps on track of her and her team’s goals.
- Asking yourself good questions to help encourage team collaboration.
- Noticing when you aren’t building the team culture and how to get back on track.
- Making time to notice the things that you do well.
- Why she scores herself to track her progress as a leader.
- Finding opportunities to slow down and course correct.
- How she gives her employees 100% of her attention when they meet.
- How to tap into the subconscious mind to be a better leader.
- Finding the right time to check in with your teammates.
- How to build rapport with your team.
- Taking care of yourself is so important to doing great work.
- Favorite book and toy as a kid.
And as always, if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing, just reach out to me on the Dig to Fly website, and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview, please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: