In this interview, you’ll learn about how to get to the core of an issue. Brent Schmidt is a consultant that helps companies solve the real jobs in a business that make a big impact. I love the story he shares about how his two girls help keep him grounded.
Highlights from the interview:
- Brent’s origin story.
- How he became highly attuned to other people’s emotions.
- Becoming the seeker in his career.
- Understanding how his superpower has helped him in his career.
- Understanding your milestones and how they impacted your career.
- Why we make choices because we want to be valuable.
- How he uses his decision-making process.
- Understanding your internal checks when collaborating with others.
- The importance of developing internal awareness.
- Why he uses two different journals.
- Redirecting your energy in a more positive way.
- Understanding where our focus is through our work.
- Solving the right problem.
- Using the Jobs to be Done process to make sure we are solving the right problem.
- Building good habits as we try to build our company culture.
- Center yourself when you are feeling burned out.
- Noticing bad behaviors increase when we worked really hard on a project.
- Why he joined a Men’s group to help him grow in other areas of his life.
- Why it’s important to stop your mind from racing.
- Building good habits to keep us on track.
- Using inner focusing to help shift how we view stress.
And as always, if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing, just reach out to me on the Dig to Fly website, and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview, please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: