As you figure out your purpose, you begin to deepen your spiritual connection to something greater than yourself. This took Art Costello a prayer to God to figure it out, but once he understood his mission, he was all in.
Art is the creator of Expectations Therapy. This method is a wonderful way to help you dig a little deeper. He wrote a book and spoke at Harvard about his method. He also coaches and gives training to help individuals and businesses.
This podcast interview is inspiring and deep. I hope you are ready to take action when you are done listening to this episode.
- Learned about expectations at nine years old.
- Moved into a junky run down house.
- Dealing with depression as a kid.
- How his talk with God on a mountain top changed his life.
- The importance of doing the right thing.
- How the Marine Core influenced his life.
- When he went away for two weeks and his parents didn’t notice.
- Learning to adjust to life after his wife passed away from ovarian cancer.
- Learning how to surrender to God.
- Digging deep helped him understand that he was a positive person even when going through depression.
- His three step process.
- Learning how to be a doer.
- Planning for success is vital to be successful.
- The effort that it takes to be successful.
- Expectations need to be shattered.
- The power of asking himself, “What do you really want to do?”
- Soul searching is an important part of life.
- How to overcome fear.
- The blessings of his crazy life.
- Passion meets opportunities
- Turning failures into learning experiences.
- How to enjoy each moment to the fullest.
- What anxiety is masking.
- Finding truth in yourself.
- Finding a safe place where you can reflect on your thoughts and feelings is so vital to getting what you want out of life.
You can learn more about Art Costello over at Expectations Therapy. You can also check out his podcast and go a little deeper in this work.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on.
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: