JD Roth is the founder of the Get Rich Slowly website. He has been writing about personal finance from a mindset perspective for the past 15 years. He is an accidental expert and it’s what makes him such a humble and willing teacher.
In this interview you’ll learn how to improve your mindset around money. You’ll also learn how valuable it can be to craft a personal mission statement. It will help you improve your spending habits as well as create focus in your career.
- Karl embarrasses JD with his intro.
- How he became a financial advice expert.
- Depression struggles from being a kid to now.
- How he uses writing to process his thoughts.
- When he stopped drinking and how it helped him feel like his old self again.
- How Get Rich Slowly got started.
- How his mindset has shifted around money.
- The importance of having a purpose that helps clarify your actions around money.
- Writing a personal mission statement can help define your purpose.
- The power of gratitude.
- Why he eliminated the negative Subreddits from his phone.
- Improving his attention span.
- How balancing his reading habits with gaming time is not easy, but worth the effort.
- Decreasing your debt.
- Making sacrifices in your spending.
- How to track your spending and what it helps show you.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out and I’ll do my best to get them on.