This Dig to Fly interview with Mike Kim was enlightening. He is the author of You Are the Brand. He is also a business coach and marketing strategist who specializes in personal branding. In this interview you’ll learn about how to break down your mental walls and how to build a personal brand that stands out.
Highlights from the interview:
- How Mike made the shift from running a church music program into starting his business.
- How he used past soft skills to grow his business.
- Understanding our identity and figuring out how to break it to do work he loves.
- Why he obsessed over baseball cards as a kid.
- Meeting famous/rich people who aren’t fulfilled.
- How to build a career you love.
- Taking ownership of your life.
- Deprogramming the things that we were taught to us and how to shift your mindset to a more positive one.
- How to view your opportunities.
- Understanding how to cultivate motivation and take action on the important tasks.
- Why he takes cold showers.
- Finding fulfilling work.
- Prioritizing values to help him guide his choices.
- What happened when he realized that he was working too much.
- Why he stopped working on Fridays.
- Understanding and addressing your fears.
- Knowing who your biggest enemy is.
- How our choices define who we are.
- The importance of loving yourself.
- Why the focus of building relationships has opened his world up.
- His favorite book, podcast, speaker and tool that he uses to stay focused.
You can learn about Mike over at his website Mike Kim. You can check out his book, You Are the Brand (Amazon link). You can also connect with him on LinkedIn.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out on Dig to Fly and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you love the interview please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: