John Livesay is the Pitch Whisperer. He helps people improve how they connect with people at an event, sales meeting or in their marketing outreach.
When you figure out which of your stories resonate with people you can use these them to help you connect with others. That’s why being able to tell a good story in a short amount of time is so valuable. You create a lasting impression.
John gives many tips and tricks to help you with your storytelling. One of my favorite parts of this interview is his five step process to have a great elevator pitch. When you apply this in your business, you’ll catch their attention and encourage them to want to learn more about you and what you are selling.
- How John got started helping people improve their ability to connect with others.
- Being fearless as a kid.
- Pulling out stories to help people in business.
- Five step process to have a great elevator pitch.
- Creating a picture inside of their heads will help create a clear benefit to what you offer.
- Craft a narrative so your audience sees themselves in the story.
- Creating a more engaging Zoom meeting.
- When trying to sell something to a client or stakeholders try using this storytelling system.
- Meeting Michael Phelps when working with Speedo.
- How Michael Phelps was willing to dig deeper to become an olympic athlete.
- The best question to ask in an interview.
- The power of asking people their story about how they got to where they were.
- The importance of doing research before a client meeting or a job interview.
- How customizing your outreach can help you get a reply back.
- Three powerful questions you can ask someone to help your career.
- Practice your stories where stakes aren’t that high.
You can learn more about John Livesay at his website. He has wonderful resources to help you improve your storytelling in your business.
And as always if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing just reach out and I’ll do my best to get them on.