In this interview, you’ll learn how to create more memorable stories in your career. I put myself on the hot seat to hopefully set an example for you to learn. Sam Horn is a best-selling author and speaker. You’ll love the frameworks around storytelling that she talks about. One of my favorite parts of this interview was how to pull out an “aha” from a story.
Highlights from the interview:
- How to stand out in the crowd.
- How she came up with the concept of Tongue Fu.
- Peeling away our layers to gain more confidence.
- How not to fall back into bad habits.
- Understanding why we feel like imposters.
- Speaking is a great way to grow your personal brand, career, and business.
- Why perfectionism holds us back in our careers.
- How to embrace our gifts to help people.
- How to stop beliefs that compromise our effectiveness.
- How Candy fell into a depression after her daughter died in a car accident.
- How to lose our self-doubts.
- The 70-10-10-10 exercise that turns infobesity into intrigue.
- Why stories are so powerful to help us remember things.
- How to break down the scene of the story for your audience.
- Pulling out a story that is an “aha” for the audience.
- Great questions help frame the story.
- Jot your thoughts when they are hot.
- The power of good frameworks.
- Crafting propriety work that helps us grow our brand.
- Make the familiar fresh.
- Bring in stories that relate to your topic.
- Connecting what you do with your message.
- Crafting your story in a way that makes it memorable.
- The three most influential people in her life.
You can learn more about Sam Horn over at her website. You can also connect with her on LinkedIn and Twitter.
And as always, if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing, reach out to me on the Dig to Fly website, and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview, please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!