In this interview, you’ll learn about how you can grow your self-awareness so you can become a better leader at work and at home. Somer Baburek is the CEO of Hera Biotech and shares stories about the frameworks that she uses to grow her skills. One of my favorite stories in this episode is why she practices connecting to her feelings to become a better leader and mother to her young girls.
Highlights from the interview:
- The story that captures her origin story.
- She developed a thick hide so she was able to let things roll off her back.
- She was involved in rodeo and won national contests.
- Learning the patterns in her life has helped her understand better.
- Choosing difficult work vs making life difficult for yourself.
- Understanding the hard things help us grow.
- Why raising money for her bio tech start up is so hard for her.
- Why it’s important to count your wins and your losses.
- The importance of growing your self-awareness.
- Why she has a practice of connecting with her feelings.
- How she connects to her feelings.
- The subtle nuances of inner emotional language.
- Improving her communication as a CEO.
- Being the change that we want to see in the world.
- Why she was afraid to ask her doctor about a term that he used.
- Why making up answers when we feel like we should know the answer can hurt us.
- What the “Long Pause” is and how to use it.
- Why she named her business after a Goddess.
- The importance of creating a culture that encourages thoughtful communication.
As always, if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing, just reach out to me on the Dig to Fly website, and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview, please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: