In this interview, you’ll learn about how meditation helps you build your self-awareness so that you can make better decisions. Dan Balcauski is the founder of Product Tranquility. You’ll enjoy his story about asking specific questions to get to the heart of a product and how to price it.
Highlights from the interview:
- How Dan got into software at a young age.
- How he dealt with undiagnosed ADHD in his career.
- The balance of perfection and good enough.
- How he looks at ADHD differently than most people.
- Adjusting his career to better utilize his strengths.
- How he got into meditation.
- How meditation and exercise helps him reduce stress and improve his mental state.
- Creating space to process your thoughts and emotions.
- Not getting caught up in our emotions so we make better decisions.
- Doing a better job of choosing our actions.
- Building awareness when making decisions.
- How meta meditation and prayer have a lot in common.
- Getting out of his own way and clearing out the inner noise.
- How our distractions can hold us back and what to do it.
- What we say “yes” to and “no” to on a daily, weekly, monthly basis and how we can learn from these decisions to make better future decisions.
- Framework to help with pricing a product.
- Understanding our relationship with money and how it helps us understand the value of products.
- Using frameworks that actually work in business.
- Clear views of product fit.
- Aligning the value we are creating with the customer.
- The value of different customer segments.
- Any process should be in service of a goal.
- Most recommended books for life, AI, and pricing.
As always, if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing, just reach out to me on the Dig to Fly website, and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview, please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: