In this interview, you’ll learn about how you can break through your safety zone and do purpose-driven work that lights you up inside. Melanie Benson is a coach, speaker, and author. She helps people amplify their message.
Highlights from the interview:
- Why Melanie made a huge shift in her career when she was coached instead of managed.
- How her whole life recalibrated with a five minute conversation with her manager.
- Aligning our energy with what helps us feel expansive.
- Why she wasn’t happy with the success that she had.
- The difference between what I should do to be successful and doing what is aligned with my heart to be successful.
- Growing up with a narcissistic parent and how it affects our decisions.
- How to peel away our layers so we make better decisions.
- Understanding what we believe is possible.
- Aligning with our true value system.
- Getting stuck in our careers and how to break free of old beliefs.
- Why our fragmented self holds us back.
- Not getting sucked into the weeds so we can make decisions that help us improve our decision-making skills.
- Why we don’t listen to our innate decision-making.
- How to avoid the treadmill of unhappiness.
- Why people in our lives want us to stay in our safety zone.
- Being self-regularted to make microadjustments in your career.
- Having the right people around you so you stay true to your vision and values.
- Going deep into what makes her feel powerful.
- How she accomplishes more now and works less than 10 years ago.
- Updating our constructs.
- Making microadjustments can make big impacts in their future.
- Sell your value and not your time.
- Adjusting our systems so we can get better results.
- Melanie’s favorite book to give away.
And as always, if you have any questions or want to submit a guest for the podcast that you think would be amazing, just reach out to me on the Dig to Fly website, and I’ll do my best to get them on. If you enjoy the interview, please take 30 seconds to rate the Dig to Fly podcast on your favorite platform. Thanks!
Listen to similar episodes that will help your career: